Integrate your knowledge base with any software
API that provides flexible and seamless integration with any other software. Knowledgebase Manager Pro uses XML-RPC, a remote procedure call protocol which uses XML to encode its calls and HTTP as a transport mechanism. This is a standardized, simple, and highly-popular protocol for API.
Here is the list of currently supported API methods.
- Get full set of article properties by its code (including article title, body, assignment, creation date, attachments, related articles, and much more – all properties are available via one simple call).
- Get comments by article id.
- Get list of articles (all articles from the knowledge base, or from any category – including subcategories or not – by your choice).
- Get list of the most popular featured articles (this and all coming article lists can be pulled from the whole knowledge base, or from a category– including subcategories or not – by your choice).
- Get list of the most discussed articles.
- Get list of the most popular articles.
- Get list of the recently created articles.
- Get list of the recently updated articles.
- Get list of the top rated articles.
- Get list of categories (all categories from the knowledge base, or from a given category).
- Get tree of categories (the whole tree or specified branch).
- Get list of glossary terms.
- Search attachments and articles by content and comments (the same search function, that is available in Knowledgebase Manager Pro, can be accessed via API; you can specify search method, and use any search fields you wish, including custom fields).
- Get list of searched categories.
- Get suggested articles for search query (the Active Response feature that provides quick answers to user question while he is typing it into the Ask Question form – now available via API).
- Get search suggestions for search query, search by article, category, and attachment titles (smart search suggest – exactly the same that you can see when you start typing a phrase into the search field in Knowledgebase Manager Pro – now available via API).
- Search glossary terms.
- Create an article.
- Create a category.
- Create a user.
- Activate a user.
- Deactivate a user.
- Delete a user.
- Get an array of the available API methods.
- Get the description for a specified API method.
- Get input and output format for a given API method.
- Combine multiple RPC calls in one request (API method that lets you combine several requests and gain a lot in performance).
Product package includes examples for each API method and ready working examples that can be used from the box with little or no changes.
API server can be disabled if not used.
API requests can be anonymous, if you permit this. Otherwise user token must be used for authentication in API request. Each user has his own unique token, and if he has “API Server Access” permission, he can use his token to connect to the API server. In this case, he can get access to certain restricted content that may not be available without authorization. Authentication via token in API uses the same security model as authentication using login and password when user logins manually. This means that in either case, user can access the same content.
API requests logging helps you to troubleshoot your requests. You can specify for how long API request log entries would be stored in the database.
You can see the complete request and response XML message for each logged request. Such details as date of request, requester IP address, success or fail, method name, and user, whose token has been used, are also logged here.
« Previous: Integration with Support Systems Next: Export to PDF »